Mary Coons is the right speaker to bring in if...
- you have an open-minded audience willing to expand their cultural horizons and enjoy a Q&A dialogue, but not a debate.
- your group consists of anyone interested in learning more about the Arab culture and Islam from a firsthand cultural immersion perspective.
- you want to raise your awareness in an effort to demystify Arab cultural practices and beliefs.
- your group consists of high school or college students, faculty/staff, cultural diversity groups, and/or a mixture of religious affiliations.
- you want to recognize and understand generalizations many Americans make about Arab Muslims.
- you want to recognize and understand generalizations many Arab Muslims make about Americans.
- you want to make a difference in your community.
- you want to offer a cultural diversity program to your faculty/staff.
- you want a content-rich Power Point presentation.
- you want to learn more about Mary's book Culturally Speaking: Promoting Cross-Cultural Awareness in a Post-9/11 World and its message.
• Top 11 Generalizations that Americans have of Arab Muslims (2 hours; includes Q&A)
• Top 11 Generalizations that Arab Muslims have of Americans (2 hours; includes Q&A)
• Marriage Selection Patterns and Gender Roles Within the Arab Culture (90-120 minutes; includes Q&A)
• The Interplay Between Islam and the Arab Culture (60-90 minutes; includes Q&A)
• Demystifying Arab Muslim Culture (60-75 minutes; includes Q&A) (This presentation discusses 6 of the 11 generalizations and is an abbreviated overview of what is contained in the Top 11 Generalizations that Americans have of Arab Muslims.)
For more information, download the presentation sheet. Contact Mary for pricing.
To hear a 5-minute radio clip from Bahrain Radio, click on www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqS15GLi6ZM