Promoting Cross-Cultural Awareness in a Post-9/11 World
Bahraini Arab Muslim's Generalizations About Americans
- America has no respect for its women as evidenced by advertisements, movies, TV, and pornography.
- The American culture has destroyed the family system/family values, and they (Americans) have no morals.
- Western culture is very lax regarding women's clothing that gives mixed messages to men.
- Americans believe that Muslim women who cover themselves are backward.
- American students are expected to take a part-time job in high school and move out when they graduate or turn 18.
- Americans are overly concerned with money and profitability.
- Americans are very good at giving money for humanitarian efforts, but they are also very good at killing people. It's as though they are trying to find a balance for their guilt.
- The American government has created problems in the world just to have power and political clout worldwide. America can't be trusted.
- Every decision made by the American government is made with Israel's benefit in mind. The American government is highly influenced by Israel.
- The American media shows and tells Americans only what the media wants them to know.
- Americans know nothing about Bahrain, or even where Bahrain is. They probably think we still live in tents in the desert and ride camels.